Today, Burberry reveals an evolution of its TB Summer Monogram collection, designed by Chief Creative Officer Riccardo Tisci, with a new campaign starring the iconic Naomi Campbell, celebrating the optimism of a new season and the spirit of summer.
Playing on Burberry’s house code of duality, the campaign captures a journey between worlds, fusing the classicism of stills imagery with the modernity of CGI technology. In stills captured by photographer Danko Steiner, the inimitable Naomi Campbell stands strong atop architectural plinths reflected in mirrored water – a starkly minimalist reinterpretation of coastal terrains. Beautiful, powerful, effortless, the campaign imagery seamlessly morphs into a dream-like digital realm in the campaign video, created by visual artist Frederik Heyman, featuring a CGI embodiment of Naomi Campbell. Beautiful structures meld nature and machine, as suspended shell sculptures rise from crafted seaside environments. A futuristic, harmonious vision, connecting serenity and adventure – inspiring us to dream, discover, be bold and go beyond.
‘It’s magical working with Riccardo. He always has such a unique vision and continually manages to bring another facet out of me, pushing me to do things I don’t think I can do. Working with Burberry is also always such an honour. It’s a British institution and has been since it started in 1856 – in a way, you feel like you’re representing your country. I feel that British style and attitude always lead the trends. We don’t just wear it, we live it.’ Naomi Campbell
To bring this campaign to life, Riccardo worked with an exciting creative team including photographer Danko Steiner, stylist Catherine Baba, make-up artist Adam Fleischhauer and hair stylist Jawara, as well as collaborating with visual artist Frederik Heyman to bring the campaign to life in a unique CGI world.
An ode to the house’s founder, Thomas Burberry, the bold interlocking TB initials of the Monogram are refreshed with new summer-inspired colourways, including cobalt blue, deep royal blue and mid grey. The collection of lightweight pieces is printed with the Thomas Burberry Monogram.
The new TB Summer Monogram collection will be available to purchase online and in selected Burberry stores globally from 16 July.
Notes to Editors
The Burberry TB Summer Monogram campaign was photographed in line with the COVID-19 social distancing measures.
About the Collection
- The Thomas Burberry Monogram was first unveiled in August 2018. It was designed by Chief Creative Officer Riccardo Tisci and British art director and graphic designer Peter Saville.
- The first Thomas Burberry Monogram collection, launched in May 2019 with a campaign starring Gigi Hadid, featured the signature interlocking TB initials in tonal shades of Burberry beige and brown.
- In July 2020, Burberry introduced its new TB Summer Monogram collection through a unique campaign starring Kendall. The Thomas Burberry Monogram was refreshed in a larger scale and in new colourways including dark beige, azure blue, graphite and cobalt blue with orange accents.
- This year’s TB Summer Monogram collection features lightweight pieces for women including nylon trench coats, nylon bomber jackets and nylon hooded jackets with silk, silk-satin slip dresses and oversized shirts in cotton and silk, cotton hooded tops, cotton jersey vests and silk shorts, stretch- jersey bodysuits and leggings, swimsuits and triangle bikinis. For menswear, the collection includes nylon car coats and hooded jackets, cotton hoodies and oversized T-shirts, cotton piqué oversized polo shirts, short-sleeve silk shirts and shorts, and drawcord swim shorts and briefs.
- In accessories, the summer-inspired collection features a mini e-canvas Beach Tote and Barrel bag, a small, quilted Lola bag as well as point-toe pumps and slides for women, and an ECONYL® backpack and Sonny bum bag, an embossed leather zip pouch and card case lanyard, and leather slip-on sneakers and slides for men.
About the Music
- Burberry’s TB Summer Monogram 2021 campaign video content captured by Danko Steiner features ‘Nachtspiel’ by N.Sihwa
- Burberry’s TB Summer Monogram 2021 campaign video content captured by Frederik Heyman features ‘Sirens’ by Billy Bultheel / Alexander Iezzi